Wednesday, September 20, 2017
Friday, September 8, 2017
Friday, August 11, 2017
Wednesday, August 2, 2017
We thought that our tote trays needed a more modern look so we made our own tote tray labels. You got a choice of doing it graffiti, 3D, or just drawing it. I chose to draw it. I drew alot of happy faces because I am always happy and some patterns around my name. Here is my name art.
How are Famous People Good Learners?
WAL how to stretch our IMITATION learning muscle.
- Choose a famous person.
- Agnetha Fältskog.
- How is your person a role model for learning?
- Teaches her group members strategies to become better singers and to appear on stage properly with a smile and always have a strong powerful voice.
- What learning muscles do you think they are they strongest at? Why? Perseverance. Because they have enough courage to get up on stage and sing in front of big crowds. Imitation. Because they would have had to learn off each other to make the concert more exciting. Imaging. Agnetha sometimes wrote her own songs so she would have to put her thinking cap on.
- What beliefs, values, attitudes and behaviour helped them to achieve?
- It would be hard to sing with a group of strangers and you would have to argue lots to make things possible. They had to learn different languages to perform in different countries.
- Create a poster (can be digital) of your famous person with all of the above.
Saturday, July 29, 2017
Name of problem: Holiday pay
Describe the problem: You would get $60 of holiday pocket money and you spent ¾ on toys and ⅓ was left on lollies. Then you bought 2 pies $2 each so altogether $4.
How much money is there left to save?
What fraction of pocket money is left?
These are the strategies and knowledge I used to solve the problem.
(add more bullet points for each step)
Describe how you used 2 learning muscles:
I used my imitation muscle when I was doing ¾ -⅓ = ½ because Lauryn thought it was 2/1 but then I told her it was ½ because the biggest number is always at the bottom.
I used the making links muscle with my subtraction for taking away the money.
Photo of the task:
Friday, July 28, 2017
It’s really foggy,
It’s so cold that,
A blanket of snow covers the mountains,
Frostbitten playground equipment the is too slippery to play on,
Walk on the grass and you see tints of ice stuck in between the blades.
It’s so cold that,
If you try to lick the ice, your tongue gets numb and it stings,
The trees are bare with no leaves,
Cockroaches are happy because the wood is damp.
Families gather be the fire to keep warm,
The roast wants to stay in the oven,
The clothes want to stay in the dryer.
Will winter ever end?