The Parkvale pool needs to be drained and refilled because it has become too dirty.
These are the dimensions of the pool:
- How much water in m3 is needed? 12x25x2=600,00
- How many litres of water is needed?
Extra for Experts:
- The tap to fill the pool pumps 50,000 litres per hour. How many hours would it take to fill the pool?
- For each 1000 litres of water, 1 gram of chlorine is needed. How much chlorine needs to go into the pool?
- Design a different pool in 3D (like above) and work out its volume in m3 and litres. Tip: start with a cube or rectangle
Stage 5&6 Volume
Do your working out in your maths book - show all of your working out.
- A container has a volume of 96m3. What are all the possible dimensions of this container?
- A pool has a volume of 180m3. What are all the possible dimensions of this container?
- A lunchbox has the volume of 280cm3 What are all the possible dimensions of the lunch box?